Thursday, September 2, 2010

Reflections, Batemans Bay

On the fist day down to the South Coast I arrived at the hotel just before sunset.  I had spent the whole day driving and had not taken one image. I noticed that the hotel had a small lake so I wandered down there with my camera.

Lakes generally don't impress me as you tend to end up with a strip of sky, a strip of land and a strip of water which isn't very interesting.  I noticed the reflections and started to shoot – The results can be seen below. All the time I was reminded of my Parkeyerring Lake images which can be seen here: http://www.tombrown.id.au/monochrome/monochrome.html.

At first I was a bit disturbed by the leaves floating in the water but on reflection they tend to be a reminder that you are not looking at upside down images of trees. What do you think?