Thursday, September 2, 2010

Kangaroo River

Kangaroo River is, in where else, but Kangaroo Valley in the Southern Highlands south west of Sydney. These images are from two trips to the river. On the first visit I drove up to the start of the river where it is more like a creek. Whilst up there I slipped on a rock and sprained my wrist. I then drove to Tallowa Dam where I took the last two image in this series. Unfortunately my wrist was so badly sprained that I couldn't drive my car home so I had to find accommodation there for the night. I found a lovely cottage with a great walking trail just next to the river. The misty river scene image was taken there.

I took the two images just after the misty image seven years later on the way home from a South Coast trip. It's hard to believe that it has been so long since that first visit. Anyway if you want to get away from the big smoke Kangaroo Valley is very quiet unless you meet up with motorbikes touring through the valley.